Jeeze, it's been far too long since I've updated this journal! Life has been filled with a lot of ups and downs since my last entry here. Much of it is rather personal, and I don't really want to go into much detail about it. So let's get up to speed with what's going on art-wise here.
First off, my Patreon campaign
is going extraordinarily well! Sabina and the Spider
has really gotten people excited, as have some of the black-and-white reward pictures I've drawn at the suggestion of some of my Patrons. The money coming in from that is helping enormously to help us get ahead on paying down debts, so please know that your support is deeply, deeply appreciated.
My Patreon so far:
- Sabina and the Spider is 2/3rd's complete - only 4 pages remain to be finished and posted. Remember - pledging at the $3 level or higher gives you access to the comic, as well as other exclusive content, for as long as you pledge.
- As an added bonus, all patrons get access to high-resolution copies of all of the art I post in my galleries and on Tumblr, regardless of their pledge amount. It's a great way to see every detail in my finished work!
- I've finally gotten down to drawing pieces for the rebooted Microna Academy art pack. In addition to Rebecca, the gym teacher, the finished pack will feature Ms. Millie, the home-ec teacher, as well as a new teacher to be revealed when the pack is released! The art pack will be available for all patrons at the $3 level or higher, so stay tuned for that.
- I've also announced the lucky patrons to win a spot in the Fall YCH picture! A fun Halloween-themed picture will feature four characters trick-or-treating, with some microphile fun, of course!
- One last thing: with Sabina and the Spider winding down, I'm already thinking ahead to what my next comic will be. I already have quite a few stories lined up, and as a way of saying thank you for all of the support I've received thus far, the next comic released will be posted in all of my galleries in a low-resolution format. High resolution copies of all pages will be exclusive to patrons, as an incentive to continue to pledge your support.
As you can see, there's a ton of stuff going on over on Patreon, so if you haven't already considered making a monthly pledge, hop over and check it out!
I also want to apologize for how slow I've been in completing commissions. I am continuing to work on these as I can, and that with all hope, the rest of my life should settle down enough that I can complete all of the works on my list.
With that said, I realize that trying to juggle commissions, my Patreon, and my other responsibilities, is a monumental task. And Patreon has given me a wonderful opportunity to be paid for creating my own work, and not just the ideas of others. As a result, once this current batch of commissions is completed, I will close commissions until further notice.
I do not know when, or if, they will reopen. I know this will be a disappointment to some, but I want all of you to understand that by choosing to do this, I am aiming to refocus myself on producing original content as we move into 2016.
One that note, there is one final think I want to share: I am considering running a raffle for one (lucky?) winner to sacrifice one of their characters in a perma-vore scenario featuring Laurina. Please comment below if you would be interested in participating. I will decide if this raffle will happen sometime in December, so keep an eye out!